treasure

treasure

Friday, September 12, 2014

tangled up in roots...

"all that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost."
J.R.R. Tolkien


~roots~

i have been searching for a while now.
trying so hard to fearlessly grow and evolve and transform into this butterfly that i have been imagining all of my dreams to flutter effortlessly through after all of my hard work comes to life from this cocoon i have been weaving.

it occurred to me today that i am not a caterpillar at all...i have always been most centered when grounded and happiest in the sunshine. i reach out to those who nourish me and hope to always give a breath of inspiration, a chat in the shade on a sunny day, and a home to all of my friends. 

all at once i became tangled up in this concept of roots.

realizing that i have strong foundations that drive me to grow upwards, hoping to reach for the sky, but keeping me grounded and true to myself and my support of a loving family, wonderful friends, and the beautiful inspirations all around me. 
they are my soil, my water, my air.

perhaps i need to get back to these roots in order to strengthen my creative energies, my personal happiness, and my business practices.
get back to what inspires me, what motivates me, and what i can realistically achieve. 

so as the leaves begin to wear the colors of the season i am getting back to the basics in my studio. i feel a calling in the changing winds to get back to my passions for patchwork, perfect pants, and pirate pieces...i have decided to get tangled up in roots this fall~






No comments:

Post a Comment

~please share any wishes, wisdom, or wonderings~